Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Changes

Things can change on a dime, that's for sure. Here I sit in the hospital on bed rest. It all started with that darn ear infection. I'm just sure of that. I made it until Sunday before I cracked. When I cracked, it got ugly. I decided around 11:30pm that I had no choice but to go to the ER. I cannot fully describe how awful this sounded. The drive, the wait, the exposure, the fact that the King had to stay with the sleeping girls..... Yuck, but in the end pain won and I went. It was actually a much worse experience than I ever could have imagined on my own. The place was packed, of course, so I took a number. It would've been different had I not felt like someone was shoving an ice pick in my ear. The entire left side of my face was throbbing as well.

I'm not entirely sure how, but I managed to wait for a couple of hours until finally it was my turn to be seen. Ironically once back in the examining room it only took 10 minutes to be diagnosed and receive my first round of antibiotics. I drove home and was back on the couch by 2:30am still feeling horrible. I had an OB appointment at 11, and I got the girls ready and dropped them off at my Mom's. I was feeling dizzy, nauseated, and just plain sick.

I had no wait time what so ever at the Dr.'s office. I told him about the ear and how I was feeling. He checked my BP and it was 140/100. He let me rest a minute, checked again with the same result. I was then told not to dilly dally and to head straight over to the hospital to be admitted. I made a few phone calls and started the admissions process. Once here my BP stabilized and baby and I passed all of our tests. We had another ultrasound which he slept through, but it was good to see his heart beating away and his belly contracting with breathing motions.

Unfortunately when all my labs came back the news wasn't great. I am spilling protein over into my urine as well. When I was at the Dr. yesterday he checked my cervix and I am high and fully closed making me not favorable for induction right now. So we wait. Again, things could change on a dime. I'm doing a 24hr urine catch and those results will determine our future. The King is with the girls and they are confused but doing very well. My Mom kept them yesterday so that he could be with me through the testing process. A friend kept them this morning so that he could bring me some things from home. I took a shower and that perked me up a bit.

I wish I could say my ear wasn't hurting, but this ache is stubborn and hanging in there which has me frustrated. I'm trying to rest, but it's weird. The hardest part is the unknown, but that's just life I suppose, it can change on a dime!

No comments:

Post a Comment